Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website, www.mouldgone.com. By accessing this website, you are indicating that you have read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) below. [Rentokil Initial Singapore Private Limited] and its related or affiliated companies (collectively referred to as “Rentokil Initial”, “we” or “us”) may from time to time modify or revise these T&Cs by updating this web page. Your continued use of the website following any such change constitutes your acceptance thereof. If you do not agree to these T&Cs, you must discontinue the use of our website.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to the T&Cs. You can review the most current version of the T&Cs at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these T&Cs by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes as they are binding on you. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The use of our website by a minor (an individual under 18 years of age) is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian and our contract is with the parent or guardian, who is responsible for the minor’s compliance.
Content (including, but not limited to, information, text, data, designs, software, photographs, graphics, typefaces, videos, articles, news stories, general artwork, music, sounds and other content contained on or available through the website) is provided by us and/or our affiliates, business partners, suppliers, content providers or third party licensors (as the case may be). The intellectual property rights to or over the contents contained in our website belong to us and/or our affiliates, business partners, suppliers, content providers or third party licensors (as the case may be). All rights are reserved. The contents of the website cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of Rentokil Initial. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that the material and content contained within or available through the website may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
Your access to or use of the website should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use the trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks appearing on the website without Rentokil Initial’s prior written consent. You may not, without Rentokil Initial’s prior written consent, use any of such trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks as a hyperlink to the website or any other website.
You may not modify, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the computer systems and other technology that operate the website or create derivative works based on the website.
When you access the website, we may collect the following information:
- anonymous web statistics collected as you browse the website; and/or
- personal information you knowingly provide to us.
Some portions of the website may require that you provide your personal information. How we use any personal information or data you give to us is set out in our One Trust Data Protection Policy.
Content posted to submitted to us
You agree to grant to Rentokil Initial a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to us via the website, via email or otherwise (including reviews and testimonials) by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to Rentokil Initial the right (though you acknowledge and agree that Rentokil Initial shall not be so obliged) to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Rentokil Initial for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
Accuracy of Information
We try to ensure that the information on our website is accurate, complete and current. Despite our efforts, there may be instances when information about a product contains inaccurate or incomplete data, including data about the product’s price or availability. We reserve the right to correct errors and/or update the content on our website at any time without notice. We reserve the right to change prices, terms, specifications and warranties without notice.
Terms of Sale
The terms of sale set out below govern the sale and delivery of any product purchased by you on our website, www.mouldgone.com , and by placing a purchase order on our website, you agree to be bound by them. There general terms of sale apply between Rentokil Initial and any person placing an order on our website.
A customer who wishes to purchase products online shall place an order through our website (“order”). By placing an order, you are acknowledging that:
- you are over 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to form a binding contract;
- you accept these terms;
- all information provided to us in connection with such order is true and accurate; and
- you are authorised to use the payment method you will opt for such order.
For products sold as a bundle, such as our bundle deal promotions or bundle offers, the bundle is fixed and no amendment(s) or change(s) can be made to any product within the bundles.
[You shall pay the price of the product(s) in full upon submitting your order. Following successful payment, you will receive an email confirming your order. The order confirmation e-mail means that we have accepted your order, which will then form the sales contract between you and us.] Prior to our acceptance of your order, we reserve the right to cancel your order for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to us having reasonable grounds to believe that the conditions to place an order, as described above, are not fulfilled, unavailability of the product(s) or limitation of the quantity of products ordered.
If you had opted for “delivery” in your order, we will arrange for the product to be delivered to the delivery address provided in your order. Please ensure that you are present at the delivery address to accept delivery of the product(s). If you are not present at the delivery address and instruct us to leave your product with a third party or unattended on or in front of the premises of the delivery address, the product shall be deemed to have been delivered once we leave your product with such third party or unattended on or in front of the premises of the delivery address (as the case may be). After the delivery of the product(s), you shall solely be liable for all loss, damage, contamination, soiling or degradation of the product(s) (including but not limited to containers and packaging) whether caused directly or indirectly by you or any person acting on your behalf or otherwise. We shall not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, contamination, soiling or degradation of the product(s) after product(s) are deemed to have been delivered.
If the delivery attempt is unsuccessful, re-delivery will be at an additional cost.
We recommend you immediately inspect any goods that we deliver to you to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the goods are of acceptable quality, and match the description we have provided to you.
All delivery timeframes given are estimates only and delays can occur. We shall in no circumstances be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery. If the delivery of your product is delayed and/or an item ordered is not available, we reserve the right to cancel/amend/refund the order, in which case, you will be notified accordingly.
We recommend you read our Returns Policy prior to you making a purchase from us, so you are familiar with our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your legal rights and remedies. We also recommend you immediately inspect any goods that we deliver to you or that you collect from us, to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the goods are of acceptable quality, and match the description we have provided to you.
What is the returns process?
Returns of products must reach us within ten (10) working days starting from the day the products are delivered to you. You may return your order (or items) for any of the following reasons:
- Your product does not match the website specifications or description.
- You received the wrong item in your package.
- For products that are defective or damaged upon arrival.
And the general requirements for returns are as follows:
- You have proof of purchase (order invoice number and receipt).
- The goods must be in new condition and returned in the original, unopened packaging along with all original accessories (including manuals, warranty cards, and certificate of authenticity) and any free gifts received with them.
- All sealed items must not be opened.
- The product must not have been used or installed or used.
Under what conditions is/are the product non-returnable:
- In the interest of hygiene: pest & pathogen appliances cannot be returned unless they are unopened and in their original packaging [and cannot be returned if they have been installed].
- Consumables such as filters or chemicals cannot be returned unless they are unopened and in their original packaging. *If delivery has taken place, the refund will exclude delivery charges paid. *One exchange is allowed per purchase. The exchange product will not be eligible for further exchange or refund unless faulty.
If your return meets all the requirements above and you wish to proceed with the return, please have your order invoice number ready and simply is at email@example.com and upload a picture of the proof of purchase.
- Our customer service agent will verify the return reason and arrange a return pick-up for you. Alternatively, you could drop off the package at the Rentokil Initial office at 16 Jalan Mesin, 368 815, Singapore, between 9:00 am- 4:30 pm.
- Our courier company will pick up the package.
- We will conduct an evaluation within seven (7) days starting from the day we receive your returned items. You will receive an email confirmation once the returned item is received from our end.
If your return is valid, we will process your refund or replacement based on what you have indicated to our Customer First Team. If it’s valid, we will reimburse you with a refund through the same mode of payment that was made in the original purchase.
If your return is not valid, we will notify you and arrange for the items to be returned. For the items to be returned, a delivery fee will be chargeable. We reserve the right to reject any return, exchange, or refund deemed unfit or unreasonable.
What does our warranty cover?
The following products listed below offered for sale on our website, www.mouldgone.com, are covered by a product warranty:
- (PMI029) Mosclean
- (573573) InspireAir 72
- (PAD061) Hextio – Air Purifier
- (PAD062) VIRUSKILLER™- VK102 – Air Purifier
- (PAD064) VIRUSKILLER™ VK401 – Air Purifier
For the avoidance of doubt, all other products not listed above are not covered by any product warranty, and the terms set out under this section “Warranty” shall not apply to any and all such products not listed above.
What are the terms & conditions of the warranty?
- Rentokil Initial will repair or replace a defective product (at Rentokil Initial’s discretion) if, within the 12 month warranty period, it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship, following use in accordance with the Operating Manual for the manufacturer’s intended purpose only.
- If a part is no longer available (e.g. particular colour variations), a functional replacement part will be used.
- The warranty period starts on the later of the date of purchase or the date of delivery.
- You must provide proof of delivery/purchase before any work can be carried out under the warranty. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
- Please note that without this proof of delivery/purchase, any work carried out will be chargeable.
- All work will be carried out by Rentokil Initial or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Rentokil Initial.
- The repair or replacement of the product will not extend the 12 month warranty period.
- All other warranties are expressly excluded, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rentokil Initial will not be liable for any warranty claim submitted in accordance with the provisions of the warranty outside of the 12 month warranty period.
What isn’t covered by a Rentokil Initial warranty?
There are circumstances in which the Rentokil Initial warranty will not cover the repair or replacement of the products under warranty. These aren’t hidden in the small print. Here’s what isn’t covered:
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, batteries, filters etc.);
- Accidental damage;
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate;
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance;
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Operating Manual for details on unblocking it. If you need clarification, please contact our customer helpline;
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges;
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Rentokil Initial’s control;
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect, wilful damage or careless operation of the product;
- Use of the product which is not in accordance with the Operating Manual;
- Use of a product for anything other than the stated use in the country in which it was purchased;
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Rentokil Initial;
- Use of parts and accessories which are not supplied by Rentokil Initial;
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Rentokil Initial); and
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Rentokil Initial or its authorised agents, collectively, referred to as “Exclusions from Warranty”.
If you have any questions about what a Rentokil Initial warranty covers, be happy to help. You can call us free on +65 6347 8138. (Open 8.30 am – 5:30 pm Monday to Friday, Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays).
Limitations of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rentokil Initial’s aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), indemnity, equity, statute or otherwise) in respect of any claim(s) made for any loss, damage and/or injury arising directly or indirectly from (a) the sale of any of the item(s) and/or product(s) on our website, (b) your use of any of the item(s) and/or product(s) purchased from our website; and/or (c) any breach of Rentokil Initial’s obligations, shall be limited to the purchase price of the relevant item(s) or product(s) purchased by the customer on our website. Any and all other liabilities, warranties and guarantees are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, this section on “Limitations of Liability” applies in respect of any claim(s) made in connection with any and all item(s) and product(s) sold on our website (including consumables and electronic products).
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rentokil Initial shall not in any circumstances be liable for any:
- loss, damage or cost arising in relation to the use of any product;
- claim arising from your incorrect or improper use of any of the product(s) purchased through our website, including use that does not comply with any product instructions, operating manual, or that would otherwise be unexpected or unreasonable;
- claim arising from your use of any of the product(s) purchased through our website in the manner described as an Exclusion from Warranty (as defined in the “Warranty” section of these terms above);
- loss of profits, economic or financial loss, loss of sale or business, loss of use or business interruption, loss of goodwill; and/or
- indirect, special or consequential loss.
Notwithstanding any provision in this T&Cs, Rentokil Initial does not exclude or limit its liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law, which includes:
- liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence;
- liability for breach of any statutorily-implied term as to ownership of the products;
- liability for fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- any other liability that may not, under the laws of Singapore (including the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 of Singapore), be limited or excluded.
Representations or descriptions (including but not limited to those as to quantity, quality and condition of the products) displayed on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Rentokil Initial therefore disclaims all responsibility and/or liability for any reliance placed on such material by any user of our website, or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rentokil Initial shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our websites or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
General Terms and Conditions
If Rentokil Initial is unable to perform any of its obligations under these T&Cs due to a Force Majeure Event, Rentokil Initial shall be excused from whatever performance is impaired by such Force Majeure Event, provided that Rentokil Initial, upon learning of such Force Majeure Event and ascertaining that it will affect its performance hereunder, as soon as reasonably practicable gives notice to you and informs you of any action being taken to avoid or minimise its effect. The suspension of performance shall be of no greater scope and no longer duration than that which is necessary.
A “Force Majeure Event” shall be an event arising from causes beyond the control of Rentokil Initial, including but not limited to, acts of God or public enemies, acts of civil or military authority, labour disputes, fires, riots, wars or conditions of war, embargoes, accidents, epidemics, pandemics or outbreak of communicable disease, floods or other unusually severe weather, closing or obstruction of highways, bridges or ferries, any of which have a material, substantial and adverse effect on Rentokil Initial’s ability to perform.
General Legal Provisions
- Rentokil Initial’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of these T&Cs is not a waiver of any of these T&Cs or Rentokil Initial’s rights. You should always assume these
- In the event that any provision of these T&Cs is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these T&Cs, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- This T&Cs is between you and us. A person who is not a party to these T&Cs has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 of Singapore, to enforce any term of these T&Cs, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from the said Act.
- If you use this website at a location outside of Singapore, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, keeping in mind that access to our website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries.
- These T&Cs and any policies posted by us on this website constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the website, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the T&Cs).
These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction.