Follow these TIPS TO PREVENT MOULD taking over your home or office.
. Mould needs moisture to grow. The aim is to reduce moisture settling in the house. This is particularly the case while you are away.
. Mould loves anything organic.. think leather, cardboard, paper, books, chipboard cabinets etc. Add to this a little moisture and you have the perfect mix to promote mould growth.
. Air flow is crucial, so Fans On! If you have ceiling fans leave them on 24/7. If you don’t have them, invest in standing fans. Use a timer for during the heat of the day ie 10-2pm+
. Keep ALL doors and windows closed
. Keep ensuite doors closed (better to have a mouldy bathroom than a mouldy bedroom And bathroom)
. Close all cupboard and wardrobe doors, After you have placed a moisture absorber inside.
. If you have a dehumidifier with a hose outlet that can be drained into a sink, use it! Set the timer to run for 4-6 hours per day in the heat of the day, ie 10am onwards
. Place a spare sheet over the top of bedding to protect against potential mould spores landing and growing on top of the bedding.
. If concerned about timber cooking utensils and chopping boards place them inside a plastic tub with a Thirsty Camel pouch
. Leather belts and shoes are often the first to be ‘attacked’. The best prevention for mould in shoe cabinets is a good moisture absorber. Thirsty Camels come in small sizes too!
. Place moisture-absorbing pouches throughout your house. Thirsty Camel pouches are a perfect choice for long periods unattended due to their large absorbancy capacity. Varying sizes are available for placement in living areas, inside wardrobes, shoe cupboards, kitchen drawers, photo boxes etc.
. We strongly advise regular/Annual cleaning be undertaken inside and out of all cupboards, wardrobes and shoe cabinets. The following steps should be taken:
- Vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Apply Concrobium Disinfectant (OR new: Botanics Multi-Purpose) to the entire surface and leave damp for at least 10mins.
- wipe off with Micro-fibre cloth (don’t use water on the cloth… this will only dilute the solution)
- re-apply chemical and leave to dry.
So, Why ‘Thirsty Camel‘ moisture-absorbing pouches?
- They come in a variety of sizes to suit spaces ranging from large wardrobes to small handbag storage or shoe boxes.
- They will absorb to double their weight in moisture.
- NON-SPILL And NON-LEAK means no damage to expensive bags and shoes, or clothing.
- Only 2% plastic ( in the outer storage bag only)
Why Concrobium Disinfectant OR our new Botanics Multi-Purpose? Both products are:
- Proven Mould killer
- Family and pet safe
- Botanically derived and
- can be applied easily and safely
See our web site for more information